Quarantine Blog #1

Hello, everyone! I know it has been quite a while since I've written anything. Since we're all stuck at home, I had no excuse for not working on my writing.

First, I hope you're all doing okay during this pandemic. Remember to stay at home, and keep yourself busy! We don't know when the world will go back to normal, but we have no choice but to try to create a new norm out of all this.

For me, quarantine started about two weeks ago when all non-essential retail had to be closed. I was doing well the first week. I bought a new headset and game for my PS4 because I knew gaming was going to be the only thing to entertain me. I was able to stay at home doing nothing...it felt quite good...almost like a vacation I needed from the daily activities of retail life. It felt quite relaxing at first. Then, the second week came. I woke up with my chest hurting on a Monday and slight cough. Because I thought I was getting sick, my nerves and anxiety kicked in, and it started to make me dizzy and nauseous like I needed to eventually throw up. Of course, my biggest fear was that I had contracted the virus. I didn't...but, I had already convinced myself that I was probably going to have the worst case scenario happen to me or someone I care about. The anxiety was taking over my mind and body. Fatigue eventually kicked in, and I had no desire to eat. I'm pretty sure I've shed at least a pound or two.

I felt like there was nothing but bad news: more positive cases, more deaths, more days to be quarantined, and more questions on what are the government's next moves to take on this global pandemic. I'm not accustomed to any of this new life at home. Compared to most people I know, they have something from their normal life to bring with them in the house. It could be working remotely or online classes. I had a job that involved talking to people in person...and I'm beginning to miss talking to my customers at the store. Currently, I'm still trying to find something other than gaming, Youtube, Hulu, Netflix, and all of the stay at home activities to keep me busy. I hope writing can bring me back to a place of peace...a place of sanctuary to express the anxiety and concerns that are all up in my head. If you're so concerned about me, I know I'm going to be fine. There's so much I need to understand about how to mentally tackle this global tragedy. I'm constantly praying, doing my best to avoid the media that covers any COVID-19 stuff, and I'm doing more yoga to meditate and clear my head.

I'm not the only one who's scared. I know there is fear and concern in everyone's hearts around the world, and I wish there was something that could just give us a big sigh of relief. Right now, we can only appreciate the little things that happen to us while protecting ourselves. Pay attention to good news, call up loved ones or old friends and catch up, and find a new hobby at home.

I don't know if I'll keep writing a "Quarantine Blog" or not. I might even do a different series, but I would need a lot of ideas. In the meantime, please keep checking on this blog! I WILL be doing more writing! Be safe everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re/Group.

always willing.

an ode to a tie.