run

I want to leave
and go somewhere
far enough
to see everything that I
left behind
vanish from the
distance
that I created
in between me
and everything else.
There is no place
for me to feel strong or satisfied
in the midst of
weak relationships.
I know people who’ve left
for places with
more sunshine, more water,
and more opportunities.
A beach…..that
should suffice.
A breath of the fresh,
salty air cleansing
my mutilated mind
is one of the little things
I could find if I ever
wanted to depart.
I’m a puzzle piece
trying to fit in
a keyhole.
I should eventually
embark on a journey
to find exactly where it is
that I am
your perfect fit,
your missing piece,
or exactly
what you need.
That is when I’ll finally realize
I’m where I should be.
If everything that I’ve left behind
seems to suddenly reappear,
then I’ll travel farther away
so no one would fall into a trap
just to reach for me.
And maybe, I’ll travel so deep
that I’ll be the only one
who drowns
rather than drowning in the tears of
people that
I’ve hurt.
Where is the farthest beach?
I’ll find it and
find an even farther one
until
I’m ready to fight again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re/Group.

always willing.

an ode to a tie.