time flies.

It's nearly 1:30 am. My right leg is sore, my right ankle is hurting, and my nose has never been any more unnecessarily congested. I'm sitting on my full-sized bed tired from an 8-hour shift of selling shoes. I guess working in retail you start to realize their are more cons of Black Friday. The endless amount of customers walking through the doors who constantly fish a better discount than the one we already offer. I should also mention the type of customers who look at the price tag, yet still ask me how much the shoe is. All of this I have to deal with just to earn a little bit more than minimum wage. Maybe, I can find a better job than this. However, I love it here. The co-workers are great, but...I love the employee discounts, too.

Being a part-time sales associate and a full time student can get slightly stressful at times. As an English major, I'm required to write an endless amount of creative, critical, and analytic pieces to earn a grade. It's honestly enjoyable to be writing so much, but the workload can get hard to balance along with my job. Everything is just so time-consuming.

I don't know how my parents do it. To be 55 years old, live healthy, work a lot of weekends/overtime, and raise two big boys of 18 and 20 years old. I am more thankful for them for working their butts off to provide me with more than I need (so ma and pa, if you ever get the chance to read this, I'm letting you know from the bottom of my heart that I love you both so much and I could never repay you for the amount of love you pour onto James and I). Seeing them hold it down and deal with the crap my brother and I throw at them sometimes is actually something that motivates me to keep working hard and try my best to provide myself. I'm tired of being their burden.

I look at my one-year-old goddaughter and just say to myself every time, "Dang....you exist, now...." She is the cutest little girl in her weird ways. I mean she was rolling around on stage during her dedication. I've always looked up to my older cousin, Kuya AJ, and his wife, Renate. They have a beautiful baby girl and go to a different church, now. This is how I know times are changing. The Flores family is an aging family, now. We're a big family with many cousins in every generation. I'm still in awe at the fact that my lola lived long enough to see 4 generations....keep in mind that I am in the 2nd generation (Yeah, I have a cousin who has grandkids...). I don't know how I've gotten at this point in my life so fast. I remember fighting with my cousin, Ralph, over what Nintendo 64 controller to play. Now, he and I are in college and buying expensive things for ourselves with our own money.

The main reason why I'm writing is because time has flown at the speed of light. Soon enough, I'll graduate, pursue my career, and find a steady job. I've learned that the only thing left to do in this life is love those I care about so much. Both family and friends. God has many blessings for us, but nothing will be greater than the blessing to be alive. To live and push people away is a sad way to go about this world. We get so preoccupied with various things in our lives, so I don't think it will ever seem fair to push someone away when he or she may seem too preoccupied as well...that will always lead to loneliness.

Working and studying has really taught me a lesson that I've come to learn now...Love everyone and never for once try to find a reason to push them away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re/Group.

always willing.

an ode to a tie.