an ode to a tie.

I respect you because
wearing you
gives me respect.
You aren’t just
an accessory
or a required article
of clothing
for a job interview.
You’re more than
the missing piece
of a jigsaw puzzle.
You’re the definition
of dapper.
You droop down so elegantly
from my collar.
You come in
a wide variety of
shapes, styles, sizes:
a wool-knit skinny blue
with white stripes,
a madra medium sized green
with a gold tie clip,
and, of course,
the classic silk black.
I treat you
with utmost care
and delicacy.
Throwing a solid color
on a solid shirt
would be a demeaning action.
Seeing different patterns
and textures
come together is like
a chef’s signature dish
containing various flavors
to create the perfect taste.
There’s nothing like you
on my outfit that could ever
compliment everything
so sharply.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re/Group.

always willing.