1:54 am.

Procrastination at it's best right now.
John Mayer is playing on Spotify,
a lit candle burns as I attempt to finish my research paper,
my mind and body energized from the cranberry Red Bull.
But, how did I ever get you so energized
to run in all the corners and crevices of my mind?
Even at this time, any normal mind,
unlike mine,
will be fast asleep after a day's worth of reality's work.
Not me. I lay in bed
not just attempting to finish the homework I haven't started,
but to propel the late-night thoughts
that are so ready to consume everything
that is good in me and everything
that is strong enough to fight
whatever menaces against my heart.
It's funny when you procrastinate,
the regrets always smack you in the face
as if saying,
"You can do better than this."
But, all you ever find yourself saying is,
"I will next time."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re/Group.

always willing.

an ode to a tie.