Re/Group.


Hoping and praying that i can be the best director I can possibly be for Re/Group Ministries after Ian gives up his position or when his time to serve in it has expired. I know that God has finally revealed a part of His plan for me and I know that being director is for me.

After my last youth camp as a student last year, I wondered what I was going be doing with myself. I've learned so much in high school from painful experiences to the amazing blessings, joys, and victories. I can also add what past youth camps did to help me in my growth. But, my senior year was over and college was beginning. I remember telling a close friend of mine while we were hanging out that I wasn't looking to drum for future youth camps if we were going to serve in the future (deep down....we both knew we'd end up drumming for praise and worship anyway...and we did). I told him I wanted a big leadership position, the director. 

This past summer I learned so much about pushing yourself and the value of hard work. I really learned big time from my mistakes of slacking and laziness. If I want something....I work for it. It was as simple as that. But, hard work and pushing yourself all changes once you put yourself into serving others. Being head staff for my first year in serving for youth camp was truly a blessing. I backed down from a counseling position and told our former youth pastor, James, that I was uncomfortable with being a counselor. It wasn't that just I knew i wasn't ready to be a counselor and sort of relay the message to 13 year olds...it was because I knew, in my heart, I was called to be staff and that I would be able to work at my highest potential for God. 

Head staff was very challenging. I didn't realize how much physical work is involved in staff. We received many compliments on how well I and the rest of the staff did but, of course, those compliments are not what we work for. I remember not only pushing myself so that I may serve others and do the work God called me to..but I remember enjoying the company and laughs I had with the rest of my staff crew. After this past youth camp....I really developed a burning passion for ministry and to serve others. Also....it became clear to me that I should really give a shot at being the next director.

I know I'm not ready for it right now. The last thing I want happening is being director so soon and a whole bunch of responsibilities are all of a sudden thrown onto my shoulders. But, I know God wants me to do this and sees how much I want to do this for Him. I've "worked my way up" on smaller scale events, such as Junior Jam, and understand the flow of Junior Jam and how everything should work together. I don't know how God will help me fully understand the responsibilities and the role of being director....but all I know is that......He will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

always willing.

an ode to a tie.