at its finest.

It's been a whole season since I've written anything real or of reflection. Summer was definitely a season. A season of slight ups but heavy downs. The past year was very difficult for me and I'm happy I was able to conquer the storms by myself. September is slowly coming to a close and, now, I find myself in the cafe of William Paterson University. I like it here...I truly do. There are so many different and new faces of which I'd like to know...(but, I really wish I had the time to get to know everyone)...

I recently had a long conversation with my best friend about how certain people can really fascinate us. This sort of fascination doesn't come from attraction. It's the type of fascination that ignites from the desire of knowing more about those certain people. Every face we see around ourselves has a story, an opinion, a stance, a religion....I personally think that it's the human mind that makes the person. Our interests, opinions, stances, beliefs, and preferences are all formulated within our minds.

I would typically be more fascinated into someone who shares the same interests as me or has the same type of humor. However, I don't think my fascination should stop there. Every human being will be different from the one next to him or her. One girl could be giving back to the world, yet still feel that it isn't enough. A boy down your street might be a die-hard Star Wars fan who aspires to become an aeronautical engineer and bring the X-wing to life (this was definitely me as a child). My good friend, Josh, was recently on a trip to the Philippines and before a flight he described what it was like to see the many different people walking past him and around him. He notices the dissimilarities within the people of the airport and how each of them has their own story.

My friend is an artist. He can be considered a quiet one; however, I know that there is some sort of storm of imagination, thoughts, and ideas that, like any other artist, are thundering within his mind. Something like this doesn't just happen in artists, though. I think that people are so complex in their own unique ways that we get lazy in letting ourselves fully understand and comprehend each other. Our fascination of people shouldn't arouse from whether or not we are generally attracted to them...but from a deep sense of care, love, and gratitude.

The deeper we dig into a person's mind, we find something that we haven't seen before. The more we look into a person's mind, we discover so many new and brilliant things. God created us in our very own unique and beautiful ways. I think that allowing ourselves to spark a fascination for the people around us allows us to appreciate God's creation...(after all....He did create us)...I think that is fascination at its finest.




Josh's airport tumblr post: http://joshdranto.tumblr.com/post/93508862465/everyone-has-their-story
Josh's tumblr: http://joshdranto.tumblr.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re/Group.

always willing.

an ode to a tie.