Pains of College.

It took me a semester and a half to figure out what I want to do after high school. It took me a semester and a half to figure out the value of hard work. I know my capabilities. I know my strengths and weaknesses.

Coming out of high school, I decided to be a business major. I didn't really think about....the main reason I decided on that was because I wanted a fast way out of the "I don't know what I want after high school" phase. I realized that, especially in Essex County College, it is very difficult to stay interested and motivated in business related classes. I would skip my business and management class from time to time and accounting is by far the most difficult class I've ever been in. My professors for accounting weren't the worst...I can admit that. Although I did not like their teaching methods, I knew that it was still on me to do the work and stay motivated.

However, it's very hard to stay motivated when you're not interested. This is college....there's so much pressure on me on what type of career it is that I want to pursue. I've failed a class already and I'm on the verge of failing my Accounting 102 this semester. I'm a blessed student who's paying for college education without financial aid or student loan. And it kills me to see how disappointed and frustrated my parents can be when they see I'm not working as hard as I should. Mistakes have high prices. I know God has His harsh way of telling me not to pursue something. I tend to disregard what HE wants for me. And we all know...God can go as far as He wants to have His plan go through. It's all a matter of letting go and letting God take over. I started to ask myself if business was really the thing for me. Is God calling me to be a manager of a company? Do I believe I can do the work God called  me to if I were in the business field?

Why was it that I was pursuing something that required me to study things I'm not particularly the best at (math and science)? I really put myself in a tough situation. Why didn't I study something that required me to study my strengths? This is college.....If I understand my strengths and weaknesses then I should follow that. Iv'e decided to pursue secondary education and be an english teacher. I feel that I can do the work God has called me to in the work place while teaching to teenagers to appreciate reading and writing.

There's a lot of pressure on me in college. Just a year ago, I was supposed to ask if I could go to my locker and ask for permission to use the bathroom. All of a sudden, I have to know what I want to do with my life. And of course, I have to take more heat from my parents about doing well. So much has been weighing onto my shoulders and it makes me want to leave.

Among all this, God will always be good to me. He has provided for me in every aspect. He knows me the most and I believe it is He that will make me do great things in the future. Thank You, Lord for providing a way for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re/Group.

always willing.

an ode to a tie.